23 March 2010

Let God Do His Thing

We're getting down to the day we move. Mel and I were talking the other day about how God's been working in our lives, and how all of our confusion and stress this last few months has finally made sense... so I thought I'd fill everyone else in on how everything has gone down so far.
Before we got married, we were looking for a house. We had actually gotten to the point where we had 3 offers down on 2 different places. Things were looking great until our Real Estate agent LITERALLY dropped off the face of the Earth. We haven't heard from him in about 5 months now. We were so bummed! So as our search for a home came to an end and we realized we were going to be stuck in a studio apartment until July, we realized we may as well move up our wedding date... because really what was a few months more of saving REALLY going to do. We were originally going to get married May 1st, on a Yacht and could only fit 150 people on it. We quickly realized that wasn't going to happen, so we decided to have the wedding at our church here in Chino. Honestly it was the best choice we could have made... Our wedding was so much fun. BUT, a week before we got married I was told my internship was going to be up in May, so all of a sudden my income was going to be cut in half. I couldn't avoid the stress that came along with that news.
I tell you all of this because everything we didn't get; everything we were questioning started to unfold. Two days after we got back from our Honeymoon, I posted my resume online, being open to wherever God may lead us, and praying SO SO hard that we would get even a hint of a reply. No joke, about 45 minutes later we got a call from a guy named Tim from New Community Church in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Through conversation for a few weeks, we flew out there for the "formal" interview and got hired! Starting April I will be the Director of Student Ministries there. God totally moved and we've just been going along for the ride!
I look back at all of this and wondered how we would have been able to do any of this if we had a house... the stress of trying to sell right after buying would have been ridiculous. And if we had waited to get married until May, we still wouldn't have even posted our resume yet. The fact that my internship was going to be up in May, and I start my new job in April is BEYOND ME.
It goes to show that our God has an amazing plan for each and every one of us, and if anything, from our testimony alone, I would encourage anyone who is relying on God to lay their paths straight to keep relying on Him!! He has a bigger plan than we can see and we owe it to our amazing God to allow Him to FULLY take over... Let's go back to the basics guys... God is bigger than us. He cares about us more than we know. So why spend so much time worrying about what is going to happen next?
Let God do His thing...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Adam! I love stories like this! Be blessed that you have such a testimony of reliance on Heavenly Father!! I pray that you enjoy this journey starting now and not as you arrive in oklahoma!It will only strengthen you and mel as a couple and as ministry leaders! I'm so proud of you :o)Go to oklahoma and change students lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete