25 March 2010

You Never Know...

As a lot of you guys know I work at Starbucks. I see lots of people each and every morning and I get the honor to serve people coffee... MOST OF THE TIME.
More and more I've realized how picky we as consumers have become, and in return, I have realized it's that pickiness alone that has has turned half of us into some sort of hypocrites. Allow me to explain, and to start this off I want you to know I am just as guilty as anyone I'm talking about here:
It surprises me how upset people get when things don't go their way, especially at Starbucks. If there's a long wait or their drink happens to be made wring, they throw a fit! We've had coffee thrown at our front door, I've been called a worthless pice of you know what, and to be honest I could go on for days! On top of that it blows me away to see how many of those people either go to my church, go to a church, or drive away with some sort of Jesus sticker on their car! How have we as Christ followers become so prude? Even today, like I said I'm just as guilty, I got upset at a lady because the computer wasn't taking my credit card! Looking back I feel so bad!
We need to remember that as Christ followers we should be living above all that. We should be living a lifestyle where no matter where we are, we are representing Christ, not one that demands to be catered to at all times no matter what!

I always think that what if Jesus was in disguise, like that Family Guy episode where he's the Record shop owner, and I treated him like I treated that lady today... that would suck! I want to stay as far away from that as possible!

Let's go back to the basics people... Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength, and Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these"

No comments:

Post a Comment